Back To Top

 India second-hand smartphone market to generate income of $4.6 billion by 2025
August 3, 2021

India second-hand smartphone market to generate income of $4.6 billion by 2025

  • 0

Telecommunications :

Over 25 million items of used smartphones have been traded in 2021 with a mean promoting value of ₹6916 or $94, producing $2.3 billion in revenues, making India the fastest-growing marketplace for second-hand smartphones with development price greater than the general smartphone market, in accordance with a report by the India Mobile and Electronics Affiliation (ICEA) and Worldwide Information Company (IDC).

The report mentioned that India’s secondhand smartphone has the potential to rise to 51 million by 2025, producing over $4.6 billion in income.

Kiranjeet Kaur, Affiliate Analysis Director, Cellular Telephones Analysis, IDC Asia Pacific said, “India is the second-largest smartphone market globally, but in addition one with very low smartphone penetration, regardless of thousands and thousands of smartphones sitting idle in individuals’s houses.”

Based on the findings, 78% of the customers shopping for a secondhand smartphone have a month-to-month earnings of lower than INR30,000, and 18% have a month-to-month earnings of INR30,000<INR50,000 thus making the inexpensive value vary a key consider driving the demand for the second-hand smartphones.

India’s smartphone penetration stands at 35% of the inhabitants in 2020 whereas mature smartphone markets have a determine of 80%+. There’s a large potential for development and secondhand smartphones may also help fill this hole together with new smartphones delivery into the nation.

The second-hand market has been rising steadily in recent times, together with 2020 and has a robust potential to develop within the upcoming years. Amongst the buyer electronics units, smartphones are the most important quantity driver (90%+) within the secondhand market at present, and others resembling laptops, smartwatches, gaming consoles, and cameras are choosing up steadily.

IDC has predicted that the worldwide smartphone shipments will attain 1.37 billion, rising by 7.4% in 2021 and is anticipated to achieve 1.54 billion items in 2025 with a compound annual development price (CAGR) of three.9% from 2020 to 2025.

Mr. Pankaj Mohindroo, Chairman, ICEA mentioned, “India must be the worldwide hub of remanufacturing and re-commerce by leveraging its delta of labor value. Re-commerce’s profound development will successfully cut back the digital divide by enabling migration from function telephones to good telephones. The expansion of this market can even make sure that there shall be a major drop in e-waste as recycling will change into the brand new norm.”

See All


9 timeless worth investing classes from Li Lu


Buyers of Indian Motels to get a heat keep


How tier-II tech companies are main the way in which in This fall


E-scooters on govt’s radar after current fires

The demand for smartphones in India is resilient, regardless of the drop in the course of the lockdown intervals. IDC has predicted a development of 9% in 2021 reaching 158 million items.

The shipments have been impacted in 2Q21 because of the lockdown in the course of the second wave of the pandemic and stays unsure because of the surge in Covid circumstances, credited to the Omicron variant. The persistent provide chain constraints and rising part costs together with intensifying inflationary charges intensify the stress on smartphone shipments. Nonetheless, the 5G shipments are anticipated to raise the market in 2022.

IDC additionally estimates that 90 million used smartphones will enter the secondhand market in 2021, along with one other 60 million which might be eligible for commerce from earlier years. Greater than 95% of all of the secondhand telephones are bought “As-it is” and the remaining 5% undergo some type of restore or refurbishment in India.

Prev Post

This Retro Lodge Suite Will Transport You to Palm Springs…

Next Post

Bharti Airtel plans huge push into information


Leave a Comment

Related post